- To minimize cost or weight of truss structures by changing the cross-sectional areas and topological relations of the truss members and its nodal locations under the allowable stress and displacement restraints.
- To compare performance of different metaheuristics on the truss optimization problems.
CURRENT STATE OF THE RESEARCH
- A hybrid Flower Pollination-Differential Evolution algorithm is developed to minimize the weight of various truss structure examples with respect to discrete and continuous cross-sectional area domains.
- HFPDE decreases the weight of the structures compared to DE and FPA, and accelerates the optimization process for the problem.
- A research on the optimum design of truss structures for large scale problems considering sizing, shape and topological relations between the truss nodes has being conducted with different newly developed and hybrid metaheuristics.