- To find the critical surface(s) with the minimum value for the Factor of Safety.
- To compare performance of different metaheuristics on the slope stability analysis problem.
CURRENT STATE OF THE RESEARCH
- A non-circular failure surface generation method is adopted with Morgenstern-Price method to evaluate the FS.
- Metaheuristics determines the parameters to draw the failure surfaces and updates the parameters according to its FS values.
- Elitist Differential Evolution* (EDE) is implemented to minimize FS of the critical surface and its performance is compared with the ones of PSO, GWO and DE. The results shows that that EDE greatly improves the results of other alternatives, validating the applicability of the algorithm to slope stability analysis.